How do I get a free copy of my Equifax Canada credit report?
You may request a free copy of your Equifax credit report through one of the options below:
1. Online: If you have a myEquifax account, you can download your Equifax credit report for free. Follow these easy steps to download your report:
- Log in to myEquifax
- Click on the Credit Report link in the left navigation menu
- Click on the red PDF Download / PRINT button in the top right of your screen
- A PDF of your Equifax Canada credit report will be downloaded and saved in your computer’s downloads folder. If you’re using a mobile device, the PDF will open in a new window
Your credit report contains personal and potentially sensitive information. Once downloaded, it’s best to save it in a password-protected file on your device. If you print your report, you should keep it in a secure location. You should always carefully consider with whom you share your credit report in order to protect your personal information.
If you don't have a myEquifax account, click here to create one for free. Your Equifax Canada credit report is made available to you on myEquifax a platform provided by Equifax Canada in coordination with its affiliate, Equifax Consumer Services LLC, a U.S. company and your data will be stored in the United States.
2. By phone: To order your free credit report directly from Equifax Canada by phone, call (800) 465-7166
3. By mail: To order your free credit report directly from Equifax Canada by mail, please download and complete this Canadian Credit Report Request Form and mail it along with photocopies of the required identification to:
Equifax Canada Co.
National Consumer Relations
P.O. Box 190
Montreal, Quebec H1S 2Z2
4. In person: To order your free Equifax credit report in person, visit one of our three office locations listed below.
Please bring with you at least two pieces of valid government-issued identification, including one piece of photo identification, and proof of current address. Photocopies and electronic versions are not accepted at the office. We require these documents so that we can validate your identity and confirm your information.
The locations, hours of operation and languages available onsite are listed below. Hours of operation are subject to change. Province-specific credit report request forms are available at each office location.
Toronto Office Location:
5700 Yonge Street, Concourse Level (near bottom of escalators)
Toronto, ON M2M 4K2
You can locate the Toronto office via Finch Station on the TTC. The name of the building is North American Centre.
Hours of operation: Monday-Friday, 8:30 am-4:30 pm ET
Halifax Office Location:
1718 Argyle Street, Suite 720
Halifax, NS B3J 3N6
Requests made at this location are serviced through Lyle Tilley Davidson Chartered Accountants.
Hours of operation: Monday-Friday, 9 am-4:30 pm AT
Charlottetown Office Location:
155 Belvedere Avenue, Suite 200
Charlottetown, PE C1A 8B9
Requests made at this location are serviced through BDO.
Hours of operation: Monday-Friday, 8:30 am-4:30 pm AT