How do I correct or dispute inaccuracies on my Equifax Canada credit file?

To dispute inaccurate or incomplete information on your Equifax Canada credit file, please complete and submit a Consumer Credit Report Update Form to Equifax.

By mail:
Equifax Canada Co.
Consumer Relations Department
Box 190 Jean Talon Station
Montreal, Quebec
H1S 2Z2

Equifax will review the information you provided and compare it to the information in our files.  If our initial review does not resolve the problem, we will contact the source of the information to verify its accuracy. If the source informs us that the information is incorrect or incomplete, they will send Equifax updated information and we will update your Equifax credit file accordingly. If the source confirms that the information is correct, we will not make changes to your Equifax credit file.  In either case, you may add a statement of 400 words or less to your Equifax credit file explaining any concerns you have.  This statement will be visible to anyone who accesses your Equifax credit report.

If Equifax makes changes to your credit file in response to your request, we will send you an updated credit report.  At your request, we will also send an updated credit report to lenders, creditors, or other third parties who accessed your credit file within 60 days before the change was made.