What are the most common factors that can negatively affect credit score?
Here are the top, most common negative score factors. Note that the specific wording given by your lender may be different:
- Serious delinquency
- Serious delinquency, and public record or collection field
- Time since delinquency is too recent or unknown
- Level of delinquency on accounts is too high
- Number of accounts with delinquency is too high
- Amount owed too high on accounts
- Ratio of balances to credit limits on revolving accounts is too high
- Length of time accounts has been established is too short
- Too many accounts with balances
Note that the specific wording given by your lender may differ.